Welcome to the North West Region Palliative Care Consortium website! This website provides information and resources for people in the North West metropolitan region of Victoria:
- What is Palliative Care
- What does the “Palliative Care Approach” mean
- What care and support is available for people living with a life limiting illness
- What services and support are available for carers and families living with someone who has a life limiting illness
As outlined in the Victorian Government’s end of life and palliative care framework, quality end of life and palliative care is “everyone’s responsibility” and requires strong understanding and cooperation between people working in the health and community services sector and specialist palliative care services.
Key resources on the site include:
- Specialist Palliative Care Services QuickGuide
- Resources section with links to information on a range of palliative care topics.
There are also sections devoted to aged care and palliative care and disability and palliative care. There is a resources section for GP teams and another on clinical resources, training and education.
For people living with a life limiting illness and their family and friends (carers), a good starting point for information is Palliative Care Victoria. We have also included a selection of Carer Resources on this site.